How far along: 23 weeks
Baby’s size: A bunch of grapes?? Seriously?? That seems more than a little ambiguous... Thankfully, I was also able to find that the baby is about the size of a chinchilla, so that clears things up...
Total weight gain / loss: +19.2 ("Bunch of grapes" may be a really vague size, but I'm almost positive I've never seen a 19 pound bunch of grapes, which leads us all to of course wonder where the rest of that is going... womp womp)
Maternity clothes: Almost always... still able to stretch the school t-shirts over my belly on Fridays for now though!
Stretch marks: None yet (fingers crossed)
Sleep: When I'm out, I'm OUT. The only problem I have with sleep right now is that I can't seem to get enough of it!
Loving: Knowing that baby can hear sounds pretty well by now. I've started playing music when I get ready in the morning. The other day, Mike tried talking nice and loud to baby, and got two firm kicks "hello" in reply. :)
Loathing: Chores. I don't want to cook, clean, or do laundry. So sometimes I don't...
Missing: We went to Bobby McKey's dueling piano bar for Lara's birthday last weekend, and it was SO much fun - I was really wishing I could take part in the drinkery though! I settled on splurging on a chocolate milk instead. They delivered, but I wonder if the waitress has ever actually had someone order a chocolate milk before (it's a 21 and over only bar) ... her look told me probably no... ;)
Movement: Baby Deal's kicks and flips are getting steadily stronger and more regular - there's definitely no more wondering "was that the baby??" - which is really fun. Still not strong enough to be felt from outside the belly (much to Mike's disappointment), but I think we may be getting there soon.
Cravings: Medium rare steak - because I can't have it. Milk - because it is a miracle instant cure for heart burn. Our gallon of milk used to last about 2 weeks until the expiration date, when I often used to have to end up dumping the rest when it would go bad. Now I'm CRUSHING a gallon a week.
Aversions: Fish. Sushi. Ew. So funny that these were cravings earlier in my pregnancy. Seriously this grosses me out now.
Labor signs: Hell to the no. It has crossed my mind though that I am far enough along now that there are technically miracle preemie babies who have been born at this stage and survived - amazing. It's like - a real, live little human in there.
Symptoms: Heart burn, exhaustion, sore feet and achy back and hips after a long day. Pregnancy brain: I made this delicious beef and broccoli crock pot meal yesterday, and get a text from Mike while I was at yoga asking if I knew the crock pot wasn't plugged in. "Yes, babe, it's the latest fad in crock pot cooking trends. You let your raw food sit at room temperature on the counter all day and then do a quick flash cook of your spoiled food on high for a few minutes when you get home before you serve it up!" We went to Red Robin for dinner...
Exercise: Yoga twice a week (I almost missed last night because of a brief moment on the couch where I was just going to "rest my eyes for minute" - we know how that ends - but I managed to get my butt up and run to class about 5 mins late, and I'm glad I still went). I also went with a short jog/walk with Mike on Tuesday when it was really beautiful out. Oh, and I walked up the stairs in my school one day this week (trust me - it counts).
Belly button: Same as always. Edit: I was trying on maternity clothes with Jessica and she pointed out that my belly button IS in fact changing and looking more stretched out, or as she put it (repeatedly), "Oh my God! I can't stop looking! It looks so WEIRD!" Thanks, Jess, I get it. Gotta love sisters - no holding back! (To be fair, I would do the same to her). ;)
Wedding rings: Well, I said before that they've always been loose... hmmm, seems to be fitting pretty well today when I just looked down to check it when answering this question.
Mood: Do you mean my mood when I think about the fact that the weekend is here? Fantastic! My mood when I find out my crock pot meal has to be thrown away? Pretty crummy. My mood when I watch Simone Biles perform a stellar floor routine? Blissful.
Husband: Is starting to get really protective over things like me lifting even semi-heavy-not-really-so-heavy things. Which is really cute. But sometimes annoying. ;)
Can't wait for: My prenatal massage tonight! Hubby gave me a gift card for Christmas that I finally scheduled and these tired, achy muscles seriously CAN'T WAIT!
Friday, April 15, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baby 2 - 10 weeks
I suppose it’s time to start this - a few weeks later than I did with Adelyn. Sorry sweet baby #2, mama’s a little busier than I was with yo...
-
Where do I begin? How does a mom write this kind of post? We've been able to fill most of our friends and family in at this point, but...
-
I'm now connected with several families of children with leukodystrophy. In conversations with them, I had heard several of them talk ab...
-
The newborn days are spent in a pretty foggy haze, and it really does fly by! Here is a list of tips, advice, must have items, waste of mon...

No comments:
Post a Comment