Friday, May 6, 2016

24 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks

Baby’s size: Eggplant


Total weight gain / loss:  Forgot to weigh this morning and headed out of town this weekend, so I won't get a chance to do that - darn (but actually more of a relief that I have an excuse to not look at the numbers on a scale this week!) 

Maternity clothes: Yep, yep, yep!

Stretch marks: None yet!

Sleep: I've fallen asleep after work a few times this week without meaning to - I'm just so exhausted! And still no problems falling asleep at a regular bedtime at night either... this momma-to-be just needs rest - it's hard work growing a baby!

Loving: The ever stronger baby kicks I've been feeling!

Loathing: How difficult it's getting to do basic things, like put my socks on, stand up from sitting on the floor, or just generally move around.  And then thinking about the fact that I'm really just a little over half way there.  Seriously, how much bigger of a belly can my body handle toting around all day???

Missing: I could really go for a cold beer right about now.  Or a sangria.

Movement: Like I said above, the kicks are steadily getting stronger.  Still nothing to be felt from the outside quite yet, but I don't think it will be much longer!

Cravings: Milk.  And ice cream if milk isn't available (road trips consist of quite a bit of ice cream now!).

Aversions: Still fish.  Can't really think of any others.

Labor signs: Nope.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, achy back, aching feet.


Exercise:  Yoga twice this week, went on a walk/run a little over a mile one day this week, and day to day things like carrying a REALLY FREAKING HEAVY crockpot into work for a potluck one day this week.  That shit is hard to do, and I don't really remember it being so difficult before, so I'm pretty sure my crockpot has gained some baby weight recently too.

Belly button: Apparently "stretched out" and "weird" (see last week's post).

Wedding rings: Loose to fitting well, depending on how hot it is that day - my hands have definitely been swelling a bit on hot days.

Mood: Generally good, but a little crankier when I'm especially tired.

Husband: Is dying to feel the baby kick!

Can't wait for:  Roomie reunion down in Blacksburg this weekend - so excited to see my favorite girls and all their kids/babies!


And on that note, this weeks bump picture comes hokie style (and with two bumps!) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby 2 - 10 weeks

I suppose it’s time to start this - a few weeks later than I did with Adelyn. Sorry sweet baby #2, mama’s a little busier than I was with yo...