Baby’s size: Spaghetti squash - almost 7 pounds, and 19.5 inches long
Total weight gain / loss: +42.8
Maternity clothes: Hahaha. Haha.
Stretch marks: Knock on wood - still none yet!
Sleep: Meh. I can't REALLY complain I guess, but it's quite difficult to find a comfortable position, so I find myself up trying to change positions throughout the night (which is an ordeal in itself - if you've ever watched a beached whale try to roll itself over, you get the idea). But I do always fall right back asleep - and of course the true glory of summer for a teacher is no alarm clock, so I can sleep in as late as my body needs to recoup any lost sleep during the night!
Loving: Nice people. And I'm not gonna lie - at 9 months pregnant, I don't feel one bit guilty about allowing people help me with my groceries, let me cut in front of them in line at check out, etc. And one day I'll pay it forward to other preggo ladies! :). OH - and the nursery bathroom was completed this week! Before and after pics below!
Loathing: Every stranger on the face of the planet - "Wow - you must be ready to go ANY DAY now! When are you due?!" Me - "August 13." Stranger - *Enthusiastic nods with frightened expression on face.*
Missing: Being able to eat spicy food without the imminent threat of severe heartburn.
Movement: Adelyn loves to do little rolls and stick her feet out. :)
Cravings: Ice cream has recently taken spot #1 over milk, but they are both still the top 2!
Aversions: Salmon. I hate salmon so much. You don't even know. We had it for dinner last night and I was up all night throwing up with thoughts of that nasty fish haunting my thoughts every time I stopped throwing up for a little bit and thought I'd try to lay back down. It was a nightmare. No more salmon for me.
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions. As of my most recent appointment, I am still 80% effaced (same as last week) and less that 1 cm dilated.
Symptoms: One new weird symptom that has thrown itself into the mix more and more recently is the hiccups. ALL.THE.TIME!!! I think I might have included this last week, but it's getting out of control. I kid you not, I hiccup at least several times per hour throughout the entire day. I also think I may have developed achilles tendonitis - self diagnosis thanks for Google, basically just a lot of pain on the back of my heel.
Exercise: Since I am officially in "hold baby in" mode, all the advice I'm getting is to keep my feet up as much as possible. So, I'm going to hold off on the long walks for now and just stick to normal daily activity. The goal is to replace my daily walks with daily yoga. Last night I dreamt that I started running and kept thinking I needed to stop or the baby would come, but I was going SO FAST and it was really easy so I just couldn't stop myself - ha!
Belly button: Very in-between.
Wedding rings: I actually had a dream about desperately trying to get them back on the other night. I don't remember why it was so important that I get them on, but I was totally panicked and trying to shove them over my knuckles so hard that it hurt.
Mood: I'm pretty emotional. There was a little drama this week with finding out my OB will be gone for weeks 39-40 of my pregnancy and telling us we are not allowed to call or meet his back up doctor during that time (they are only for use if they actually need to deliver if I go into labor). This of course leaves me without an official appointment for weeks 39 or 40, and no point of contact if I have a concern or question during that time other than the hospital. This is no bueno, but I would say pregnant me probably took this news quite a bit harder than not-pregnant me would have. After a good night's sleep on it though, we've decided not to switch practices (this was a possibility we definitely considered), and we feel confident that at the end of the day, we will have a happy, healthy baby girl, and that is really our only priority right now.
Husband: Thank God for calm, strong men who can soothe their worked up pregnant wives. I'd still say women get the harder end overall of the whole carrying this baby around for 10 months thing, but I really don't envy his position either! ;)
Can't wait for: I'm in no rush for Adelyn to get here as far as actual timing goes, but I'm definitely ready for time to pass a little faster (1-2 weeks past my due date) and meet this sweet girl!








No comments:
Post a Comment