Baby’s size: Ummmm, she's full term plus some now, meaning we've got a full sized little baby, so let's go with about 6.5 pounds and hope she just slides right out when the time comes!
Total weight gain / loss: +51 (on the plus side, I'm making other pregnant women all around the world feel good about themselves and their 25 pound weight gain - congrats to you, ladies).
Stretch marks: No - I don't know how given the above number in the weight gain category, but as of yet, no stretch marks.
Sleep: Most nights are good, some nights are rough. The last two nights in particular have been pretty tough with a lot of tossing and turning - the primary sleep aggressors being heart burn, waking up to aching hips and needing to change positions to relieve them, and pee breaks, because, you know, who can make it through an 8 hour period without peeing 4-5 times? The good nights still include the occasional wake up to shift positions or use the bathroom, but then I'm right back out!
Loving: That Adelyn is such a trooper and hanging in there just like her momma wants her to (for a little while longer at least!).
Loathing: Loathing is really a much too strong word here, BUT I've started getting a LOT of "sympathy" because Adelyn isn't here yet. I get that this comes from the fact that most mommas are dying at this point and everyone is just trying to be supportive of that norm, but I'm really okay, friends, thanks for your concern though. :)
Missing: Somebody get me a beeeeer!!! Actually, make that a sangria. Or a Miami vice - mmmm, Miami vice!
Movement: I love when Mike and I can both see her getting her groove on in there!
Cravings: Loving my BLTs. And ice cream - of course ice cream.
Aversions: Just say no to all things fish (not all seafood though - shrimp, scallops, crabs, etc do not apply). I hope this fades after baby comes, because I used to love fish!
Labor signs: I woke up in the middle of the night one night this week with really strong cramps and thought there was a possibility I was starting labor, and did some midnight Google research followed by asking lots of friends about it the next day. Turns out cramping is totally normal in the last few weeks pre-baby and Adelyn wasn't ready to join us that night. The cramping has been on and off (mostly off though) since then. At my doctor's visit Thursday, I was 90% effaced and about 1.5 cm dilated. He said the baby is still very high and not dropping at all yet, so could potentially still be a little while before she joins us.
Symptoms: Ohhh the heartburn. And my back kills me if I stand for long periods of time (long periods of time = more than 3-5 minutes). And my feet hurt. And in addition to general foot achey-ness, I think I'm having some sort of heel issue (my Google research says perhaps achilles tendonitis or bursitis brought on by the weight gain of pregnancy), which I really hope goes away after she gets here - severe shooting pains in the back of my heel even when I'm just laying with my feet up. Fatigue comes and goes - some days I just can't make it through without a nap, and other days I've got enough energy to last me through errands and chores and nesting activities all day long.
Exercise: Swam a few laps in my parents pool, and prenatal yoga this week. It is AMAZING how much lighter I feel in the pool without gravity pulling me and Adelyn down!
Belly button: It was starting to pucker a little bit the other day like the beginnings of an outie, but I'm looking now and it's back to its status quo "in-betweeny" state. I think it might be a little dependent on Adelyn's position and how she was pushed up against the middle of my belly/belly button the other day.
Wedding rings: Rocking my new fake $10 wedding band (and even got a compliment on it by the lady at the nail salon - lol).
Mood: Mostly good I think! Should we ask Mike? I did get really upset with him earlier this week when I mentioned that losing the baby weight might be hard in the months to come and he tried to assure me that I would be able to do it no problems -- because he doesn't KNOW what it's like, how could he even GET IT?!? Lol, sorry babe, love you!
Husband: Got approved to work overtime, so he's putting in extra hours where he can to help offset the time he'll be taking off work soon to be home with his new sweet baby. He's also working that around making sure he can now be at the rest of my OB/GYN appointments since we're so close and don't know what the doctor could have to say that's important at any given appointment.
Can't wait for: I'm still hoping to make it a litttlllleee longer before she arrives, but I can't wait for that time to pass and to be able to hold my sweet girl in my arms!
Also - some pictures that clearly illustrate my readiness to be a member of 2020 Olympic Women's Gymnastics Team...
Abs for days:
Abs for years:
Sorry - had to! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment