Friday, May 6, 2016

26 weeks

How far along: 26 weeks

Baby’s size: Butternut Squash


Total weight gain / loss: Oops, forgot to weigh myself this morning.  Darn...  The baby now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds though, so we can assume my weight gain is probably close to that!  ;)

Maternity clothes: Same as the last few weeks.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: Meh.  I sleep pretty good, but lately I've been waking up with an achy back, leaving me feeling not so well-rested even though I got a decent night's sleep.

Loving: Feeling more and more like a mom - more in the "movement" section on this, but there is no denying there is an actual baby in there any more! Oh - and last night at sweet frog the manager glanced at my belly and then announced he was having a Mother's Day special and my froyo was free! :)

Loathing: Not being able to use the pronoun "he" or "she" --- which one is it?? ;)  As I get more and more connected to this sweet baby, it's getting harder and harder to say "it" when talking to people.  Here's to hoping for one more month of keeping my secret without accidentally spilling the beans!

Missing: Sunshine.  The last week has been SO dreary and rainy - every.single.day.  I want a warm summer day and a nice cold beer.  So I guessing I'm missing beer too - mainly because it goes so well with the summertime I'm wishing for!

Movement: Baby's kicks seem to get stronger every single day!  Mike has felt the movement now (so have mom and Jessica!), and yesterday I could even SEE my belly move from the outside as little baby kicked and kicked.  I stayed in my car for probably 45 minutes after getting home because I was so mesmerized by watching the movement and knew that once I shifted it would stop.  :):)  This is by far the BEST part of being pregnant (let's be real, pretty much everything else sucks lol).

Cravings: Not really.  I've eaten about one billion pounds of chocolate and junk food this week due to Teacher Appreciation week - not because I'm craving it so much, but just because it's there!

Aversions: Bananas by themselves (as an ingredient or mixed with other things is fine though - see last week's post for more on this aversion), and I still don't particularly want anything to do with fish, which is a shame because I love fish. 

Labor signs: Nada.

Symptoms: Achy back and feet, exhausted by the end of the day, achy back and feet, heartburn (but not quite as bad this week - knock on wood), achy back and feet. Baby brain story of the week - I left the house to go to Home Depot with my slippers on instead of shoes... Thankfully noticed by the time I got to the car! 


Exercise:  Yoga, walks, did one 1-mile run this week.

Belly button: Still just stretched out for now, but I do think it's getting close to ready to pop - my guess is I have another 2-3 weeks of an innie.

Wedding rings: Fits.  I think I'll have to take it off soon!

Mood: Good! :)  (right, Mike?)

Husband: Was so excited to feel the baby kick for the first time!  This morning he came up behind me and hugged me and gave my belly a little rub while I was doing my makeup, I said, "I love you," and he replied, "I love you both too," with his hands still on my belly.  Melt my pregnant mama heart.  :)

Can't wait for:  Baby shower/gender reveal in June!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby 2 - 10 weeks

I suppose it’s time to start this - a few weeks later than I did with Adelyn. Sorry sweet baby #2, mama’s a little busier than I was with yo...