Friday, May 13, 2016

27 weeks

How far along: 27 weeks

Baby’s size: 2 pounds / a bunch of bananas or a head of cauliflower 


Total weight gain / loss: +32.4   

Maternity clothes: Of course - but will still include that I can still make a t-shirt work over the bump (because I think the day is coming soon that I won't be able to any more!)

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: I'm tired.  I sleep HARD at night.  But I'm still tired.

Loving: BABY KICKS!

Loathing: Dishes, cooking, laundry, cleaning, and anything that requires any energy after I get home from work.

Missing: A nice cold beer when I'm tired at the end of the day.  

Movement: Baby Deal likes to give me lots of kicks now!

Cravings: Meh.  Nothing crazy here.

Aversions: Still not big on fish, hopefully that comes back after baby (or sooner!).

Labor signs: Nope!

Symptoms: Oh Lord, do I ever feel pregnant (and I have 3 months left to get BIGGER?!?!).  My back hurts and my feet hurt, and to add to the achy feet, they're starting to swell now too.  I'm tired, like... really, really tired.  Heartburn is bad starting about midday and lasting until I go to bed.  It's cheesy, but the baby kicks really do make it worth all the other not-so-fun parts of pregnancy.  Nothing brings a smile to my face faster - so next time you see me grinning like an idiot for no reason, now you know why! :)


Exercise:  Two runs this week (1 mi and 1.5 mi - both in walk/run intervals), and my two yoga classes (my regular yoga class - not prenatal - that I modify is really starting to get hard, not gonna lie).

Belly button: Is SO close to popping.  I actually had a dream last night that it had and it was HUGE (like the stuff cartoons are made of huge) and floppy, so hopefully that's not a sign lol.

Wedding rings: Continuing to fit for now!

Mood: It's amazing how exhaustion can play into your mood.  I would still say generally good, but definitely in need of decompression time to myself when I get tired (aka grumpy) by the end of the day pretty often.

Husband: Is in serious nesting mode! ;)  He has a long to-do list of things he is really eager to get done before baby arrives (cleaning out our garage, finishing basement renovations, getting his B&D real estate business set up to run more independently without so many hours from him each day, etc.)

Can't wait for:  Summer!  There is so much I'd like to get done before baby gets here too, but I'm just so tired after the work day... I'm really looking forward to spending my days working on those things before I get tired and not being limited to only after the long school day is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby 2 - 10 weeks

I suppose it’s time to start this - a few weeks later than I did with Adelyn. Sorry sweet baby #2, mama’s a little busier than I was with yo...