Tuesday, May 24, 2016

28 weeks

How far along: 28 weeks (Hello, 3rd trimester - ahhh!)

Baby’s size: large eggplant, 16 in, 2.5 pounds (that seems big!)

Total weight gain / loss: +32.6

Maternity clothes: Yup.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty decent - sometimes a little tossing and turning from trouble finding a comfortable position.

Loving: I've said it before and I'm sure you'll keep seeing more of this in this section over the weeks to come, but I just can't get enough of the baby movements.  It's such a cool feeling, and makes the fact that a baby is on the way feel so real!

Loathing:  I'll try not to dwell too much here, but if I'm being honest, I'm having a much harder time with body image lately.  Before you get pregnant, you notice the pregnant girls who get the "basketball belly" and the ones that blow up everywhere, and you hope that you're the first when you get pregnant.  As someone who has just gotten huge everywhere - it's hard, and yes we know that we're huge.  I really truly know that they mean no harm, but people - friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers all included - make comments ALL the time about your size, or give surprised looks at your due date, and as much as I try to just let it roll knowing that it will be worth it when I have my precious baby in my arms and that everyone carries differently, it really does get hard to not let it start getting to you - especially as I get further and further along (read: bigger and bigger).  Moving on from my pity party...

Missing: Being able to go in the hot tub!  My parents just opened it last weekend and it's the worst having to sit with just my feet in while everyone else gets to soak and relax - hot tubs are my favoriteeee!

Movement: Baby loves kicking, elbowing, and rolling around!  Also, jamming hands up under my rib cage is a new favorite position.

Cravings: Milk - while I work out.  Don't judge me.

Aversions: None really.

Labor signs: I *think* I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, but not 100% sure if that's what I'm feeling.  I'm planning to ask my doctor at my next visit.

Symptoms: Swelling by the end of the day, achy feet, achy back, emotional, acid reflux, trying (and sometimes succeeding) to not pee when I cough or sneeze.  What other symptoms do pregnant women sometimes have?  I probably have that too...

Exercise:  A few walk/jogs and yoga this week.

Belly button: Ready to pop soon!  I'd classify the current state as a "flatty" - not really an innie, but not an outie yet either.

Wedding rings: Fits well in the morning, snug in the evening - I know, needs to come off soon.  Not gonna lie though, I KNOW I shouldn't care what strangers think, but I can't help thinking that I'll look like a knocked up single girl once I have to take my rings off!

Mood:  It was a rough, rough week.  Just ask Mike.  My hormones were seriously out of control mid-week.  I got a few good nights sleep, and feel back to normal for now - thank goodness.  :)

Husband:  Is in nesting mode big time.  He's working like crazy to have everything done and lined up for when baby gets here.

Can't wait for:  My baby shower!!!!!!!!!!  Do I really still have to wait a month?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby 2 - 10 weeks

I suppose it’s time to start this - a few weeks later than I did with Adelyn. Sorry sweet baby #2, mama’s a little busier than I was with yo...